How to immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class Program

Canadian Experience Class, shortly CEC is an immigration program assisting foreign workers and foreign students to apply their work experience and education towards their applications for residency. Having obtained Canadian work/education experience, these individuals have already lived in Canadian society and established vital connections.


CEC applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system.


Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence before they may make an application.

Once Your application is reviewed by the immigration officer, you may be required to attend an interview.

The applicant will also need to take a medical exam and pay a Right of Permanent Residence fee in order to have the PR card issued.




The applicants must:

•  Have obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date; and

•  Meet or surpass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 ("initial intermediate") or 7 ("adequate intermediate proficiency"), depending on the level of the job; and

•  Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec (individuals who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class).

Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.

Self-employment & work experience gained while you were a full-time student does not count under this program.

You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence or you will need to retake the test.

Principal applicant

The person who is invited to apply and submits an application is the “principal applicant.” If you're married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the requirements, either or both of you can fill out an Express Entry profile.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a marriage-like relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Other requirements: 

  • You must be admissible to Canada

  • You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec



How to proceed?

1. Email us Your request with the relevant documentation (if applicable)


2. We review your email/documents and appoint a consultant/lawyer to contact you with the brief assessment


3. You decide whether to proceed.


All our cases are handled by experienced lawyers and RCIC immigration professionals.

We adhere to the highest standards of client relationship and service.


Book your consultation NOW!



Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and the copyright owner is the: Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Immigration Quebec


Disclaimer: The content of this page is provided as an information guide only. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners of this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.​​