June 10, 2020 Update: Despite the COVID-19 outbreak, applications for permanent residence are still being processed and approved. Canadian Immigration Authorities are holding immigration draws to invite people to submit applications for permanent residence.

How to Immigrate to Canada under Express Entry Program

One of the most in-demand ways to immigrate to Canada is an Express Entry Program, which regulates all the federal programs of economic immigration.

Express Entry system, based on Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) of the immigration applicant and oversees:

 - Federal Skilled Worker Program;

 - Canadian Experience Class Program;

 - Federal Skilled Trades Program


There are also some Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) that are set along with Express Entry System.

The CRS is a points-based system that is used to assess the immigration applicant’s score and rank it in the Express Entry pool. 

How does Canada’s Express Entry system work and how do I apply?

The immigration applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to the Government of Canada. If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements of the program in question, you will be invited to the Express Entry pool. We can assist you with the preparation of Your profile if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.


After, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) proceed with the issuance of Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canadian Permanent Residence to the highest-ranking individuals in the pool. This is done during Express Entry draws. If you are among those issued an ITA, you will be provided with the deadline to submit your application for permanent residence.


Am I an eligible candidate?

Each of the above-mentioned immigration programs has its own eligibility requirements.


In short:

The Federal Skilled Worker program was created for immigrants with at least one year of full-time, skilled (NOC Code 0, A, B), continuous work experience. If the applicant meets the minimum 67-point requirement for the program, she/he can enter the Express Entry pool.

The Federal Skilled Trades program requires that the applicant has a minimum of two years of full-time, continuous work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years when applying. The applicant must also have an offer of full‐time employment in Canada in the applicant’s skilled trade or she/he has to hold a Canadian certificate of qualification to practice the skilled trade in Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class is for individuals that have at least one year of full-time, continuous work experience in Canada.

To find out if you are eligible to come to Canada through Express Entry, please fill out our Assessment Form. 

Note: Express Entry is an electronic process involving the different stakeholders such as Canadian federal authorities, provincial governments, and Canadian employers. It is absolutely crucial that the information that you provide is correct. False information could disqualify you from the pool in the future. 

Candidates in the Express Entry pool are ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System, which ranks candidates under the following parts:

•    core human capital factors;
•    accompanying spouse or common-law partner factors, if applicable;
•    skill transferability factors; and
•    factors relating to a provincial nomination or a qualifying offer of arranged employment.

There are a total of 1,200 points available under the Comprehensive Ranking System.

The Government of Canada selects candidates from the Express Entry pool according to their ranking.


There are several steps in the Express Entry process:

Step 1: The applicant needs to find out whether she/he is eligible to apply

Step 2: Get the documents ready

You need documents, such as language test results, to show that you’re eligible for Express Entry.

Step 3: Submit the profile

You’ll be ranked in the Express Entry pool using a points-based system. Your score is based on the information in your profile.​

Step 4: Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence

Canadian Immigration Authorities will send invitations to apply to the candidates with the highest scores in the pool. 

Documents for your Express Entry profile

You don’t need to upload documents to submit a profile, but you may need information from some or all of these documents:

  • passport or travel document

  • language test results

  • education credential assessment report if

    • you’re applying through the Federal Skilled Workers program, or

    • you want to get points for the education you got outside Canada

  • provincial nomination (if you have one)

  • written job offer from an employer in Canada (if you have one)

Documents for your application for permanent residence

If invited to apply to immigrate to Canada, you’ll need to upload copies of the documents you used for your profile. Most applicants will also need to upload the following:

  • police certificates

  • medical exams

  • proof of funds

If your Express Entry application is approved

You will receive:

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

  • a permanent resident visa (if you're from a country that requires a visa)

Your COPR will have information about who you are with your picture.

COPR cannot be extended and the applicant must use it before it expires.


If you’re already in Canada

You’ll need to have a short interview with an officer. You have two options for your interview:

  • make an appointment at one of the offices in Canada;

  • go to a Canadian “port of entry” (border crossing), and present:

    • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family

    • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa if you have received it.

During the interview the officer will:

  • make sure all your documents are valid

  • ask you questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada

  • confirm your Canadian mailing address, so they could mail your permanent resident card (PR card)

If you change your address, you must inform.

When you arrive in Canada

You must have:

  • your valid passport and/or travel documents

    • your passport must be a regular, private citizen passport

  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa (if you have it)

  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada


When in Canada, you’ll meet an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The officer will:

  • make sure you’re entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your COPR

  • ask to see your passport and other travel documents

  • ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada​

To help speed up your entry to Canada, keep your passport and other documents with you at all times.

You will not be allowed to enter Canada if you:

  • give false or incomplete information

  • don’t convince the officer that you meet the conditions to enter Canada

If you’re admissible and there are no problems when you arrive, the officer will:

  • allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident

  • confirm your Canadian mailing address where Your permanent resident card will be mailed.

If you change your address within 180 days of arriving in Canada, you must inform.

Disclosure of funds

If you arrive in Canada with more than CAN $10,000, you must tell this to the CBSA officer. If you don’t tell them, you could be fined, and your funds could be seized.

What is the Comprehensive Ranking Score System and How Does it Affect My Skilled worker Application?


The Comprehensive Ranking System ranks eligible candidates for immigration to Canada through Express Entry and compares the candidate to other candidates. Points are given within the following categories: Age, Level of Education, Official Language Proficiency, Second Official Language, Canadian Work Experience.



Is it possible to improve my CRS Score for Express Entry? Shortly, yes..


It is absolutely crucial to improving your language abilities, whether they are English or French. The higher your IELTS/TEF score, the better not just for immigration purposes, but for finding a job, starting your education, becoming a full-time member of the society. Strong language skills are a powerful asset that will help you throughout your career in Canada.



If you have less than three years of full-time experience, you are recommended to continue working. The more experience you have, the better in terms of your CRS score.


Having a Canadian degree or study experience can significantly increase your score and create more opportunities to immigrate permanently.


If you have two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees you might be able to claim extra points.


If the spouse has a degree and has good language abilities or Canadian work experience it could be quite advantageous for improving the CRS score.

Provincial Nominee Programs

If selected by the Province in accordance with Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) you will automatically receive 600-point to your CRS score.

Job Offer

Although a Canadian job offer is not as valuable as it used to be, it is still considered as a vital factor when calculating your CRS score.


How to proceed?

2 simple and easy steps:

1. Email Your  CV/Resume, 4-5 sentences about Yourself/Family Situation, If you or your spouse took IELTS – Test results, family in Canada (if any)


2. We will review your documents and appoint a consultant/lawyer to contact you with the brief assessment of Your chances to immigrate



All our cases are handled by experienced lawyers and RCIC immigration professionals

We adhere to the highest standards of client relationship and service.


Book your consultation NOW!


Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and the copyright owner is the: Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Immigration Quebec


- http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/

Disclaimer: The content of this page is provided as an information guide only. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners of this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.​​

1110 Finch Ave W., Suite 301

Toronto, Ontario, Canada | M3J 2T2

  North America:   +1 647.864.5330

                                      +1 647.979.7068   

                      International Office: +994.51.5400450                     


Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday

9:00 am - 4:00 pm  

2020 © Copyright ImmigrationE.com Immigration E 
All Rights Reserved. This entire website is copyrighted.